Due to space, only a limited number of entries will be accepted.
The Home Show Committee reserves the right to refuse any entry.
All entries become the property of the MCBA. Entries will be available for purchase by silent auction with proceeds from this auction benefitting The Boys & Girls Clubs of Bloomington and Habitat for Humanity of Monroe County.
- The main structure of entry must be constructed of gingerbread.
- Entry bases must be 18 inches square and made of sturdy board (i.e. 1/2”-3/4” plywood). Paint or ribbon may be used to decorate the outer edge of base but cannot exceed its length or width.
- Entries cannot exceed 18 inches in height.
- Except for base, entries must be constructed and composed entirely of edible materials. Any entry with non-edible components will be automatically disqualified.
- Artificial display materials such as Styrofoam are not allowed in construction or decoration.
- No interior or exterior lighting allowed.
- Candies must be unwrapped and free of non-edible materials such as lollipop stick.
- Edible materials are not limited to sweets.
- Entries must be original designs. Kits may only be used by children 11 and under.
- No previously exhibited entries allowed.
- Pre-Registration required. Entry forms must be post-marked by Friday, January 13th and received by the MCBA no later than Monday, January 16th, 2012. Make checks payable to MCBA and mail with $25 non-refundable entry fee to:
3901 E. Hagan St. #H
Bloomington, IN 47401
- Only one entry per form. Competitors may work as a team, however, only one name may appear on the entry form and any prizes will be awarded to that individual.
- Attach or write your name and entry number on the underside base of your entry.
- Competitors will receive confirmation with an entry number upon receipt of entry form and fee.
- Deliver to:
Monroe County Convention Center
302 S. College Ave.
Bloomington, IN 47401
Wednesday, January 25 12-5:00 or January 26 8-12 noon.
- Entrants under the age of 18 on day of competition require a signature from a parent or legal guardian.
- January 16 Entry deadline
- January 25 12:00-5:00pm Entry Delivery
- January 26 8:00am -12:00pm Entry Delivery
- Deliver to: Monroe County Convention Center 302 S. College Ave., Bloomington, IN 47401
- January 26 2:00 pm Judging begins
- January 26 5:30—8:00 pm Chamber Business After Hours & Awards
- January 27-29 Home Show Opens to the Public
- January 30, 2012 People’s Choice Award Announced
Entry Categories & Prizes
- Best of Show ~ $100 (awarded to entry judged best over all, any age)
- Adult ~ 18 years or older 1st place $50
- Teen ~ 12 –17 years 1st place $50
- Child ~ 11 years & under 1st place$25
- Other Awards: Most Creative Best Monroe County Landmark, ie. Sample Gates, Chocolate Moose Best Representation of “Building” Theme
Prizes will be awarded Thursday, January 26th during the Business After Hours Event at the Monroe County Convention Center.
Entries will be judged using the following criteria:
- originality and use of gingerbread in a structure;
- overall appearance;
- decoration and construction;
- and difficulty.
Judging will begin 2:00 pm on January 26th.
Winners will be notified by phone Thursday, January 26th by 4:00 pm and invited to attend Business After Hours event at 5:30 to accept award.